Thursday, July 13, 2006

Safe in the Father’s Hands

Its taken me a long time to get this blogspot started, so my first blog is already at least a month old. What does that say for the future?

Anyway here it is.

I’ve been thinking for a long time about starting a blog, but I’m not sure I’ll have time to keep it up. I’ve just, for the first time, edited one of my husband’s and realised it’s not so bad being out there in black & white for all to see. So I decided to start.

Events in our road recently made me realise how much we rely on God’s protection.

My three year old daughter, Callie, and I had only been gardening for about half an hour on Tuesday when I decided to stop for a cuppa. This is very unusual. I do the garden very infrequently, but when I do there’s so much that needs doing that I’m usually out there for a good couple of hours non-stop. Anyway, we came in and while I was making the tea I heard what I thought was kids letting off caps. About an hour later, as we sat down for lunch, I noticed there was a policewoman standing at the end of our garden. I went out to investigate and found that half our road had been cordoned off . She explained that we couldn’t go out as they were in the middle of a scene of crime investigation and a bullet had been found just outside our garden gate.

We have a very small garden! Two men had been shot right outside our house. What if we had stayed out gardening for longer?

I wonder how many other things God has kept us safe from this week without me knowing anything about it? Psalm 91 says:-

1“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2This I declare of the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I am trusting him.

3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from the fatal plague.

4 He will shield you with his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are your armour and protection.”

I just thank God that he cares for us so much.

No comments: